What is a Founding Member?:
Founding Members represent the DCfempreneur community and assist with achieving our mission. This is a leadership opportunity to help female entrepreneurs grow their businesses and create a supportive community. We seek business owners that are experts and thought leaders that want to share their expertise.
Term: One year with the option to renew. Term renewal is based on your engagement, meeting the goals and continued mission of DCfempreneur to foster a vibrant, service-oriented community.
New Founding Members will go through a Trial Period of 90 days. During this time, you will be expected to meet the Founding Member Responsibilities and get a feel for the organization. At the end of 90 days, we will make a mutual decision on fit as a DCfempreneur Founding Member status.
The Founding Member application and membership is based on one business. Your business will be unique and not directly overlap with existing Founding Members, as our goal is to represent a variety of services and industries.
If your business changes during the course of your term, your Founding Member status will be re-evaluated. Still have questions? Check our FAQs.
Cost: $259 Annually
Founding Member Role & Responsibilities:
- Attend a minimum of 1 DCfempreneur events quarterly
- Attend Founding Member meetings
- Check the DCfempreneur Slack channel weekly used for communication and announcements
- Co-host two events per year
- Market DCfempreneur events to your network through your social media channels and email marketing, etc.
- Share advice, expertise, strategies, guidance, education, & encouragement in our Facebook group
- Follow DCfempreneur Facebook group rules and serve as an exemplar to others
Founding Members Benefits:
- Featured in Members Gallery with Bio, Headshot and Contact info.
- Listing in Member Directory.
- Discounted or waived attendance fees to meetups and workshops.
- Opportunity to be featured or interviewed on the DCfempreneur Podcast.
- Referral bonuses for membership referrals for new annual members.
- Founding members have the unique opportunity to co-Host a workshop or serve as a featured speaker at a meetup.
- Founding members are featured on the Blog as a guest contributor with backlinks to website for increased outreach.
- Founding members will be able to be featured on social media or collaborate for a special LIVE (IG or Facebook) interview in the group.
- Founding members will be invited to add a resource on a topic of which they offer expertise to the resources website page.
- Attend Founding Member Only Events to discuss planning & collaboration opportunities.
Membership also includes:
- Mention of events, offers or promotions in e-newsletter or website.
- Engage on the DCfempreneur facebook and meetup.com community pages network, outreach, and grow your business and social media following.
- Receive and share advice, expertise, strategies, guidance, education, encouragement, and enjoy a sense of community with other fempreneurs.
- Share resources to help each other with the challenges we face, problem solve, and learn new skills both online and in-person at events.
- Collaborate and build strategic partnerships to grow and expand.
- Build rapport with other women and share referrals.
- Connect with like-minded women with similar business & life goals for accountability, to action plan, and help you succeed in your business.
- Network in new venues and locations all across the DC & NoVa areas that fits into your busy schedule.
- Enjoy a unique calendar of events and activities.