Jumping right in … Collinsworth says, “I focus my gratitude on people who love me, and stuff that’s working in my life, and anything I’m genuinely grateful for.”
Things things I am generally grateful for:
- I am grateful that I not only have a roof over my head, but that I have a beautiful home. Many people live on the streets or live in an unsafe place. I am grateful that we live in a safe neighborhood.
- I am grateful that my children are healthy and intelligent. I have worked with kids that are developmentally or intellectually disabled. I am so grateful that my children are healthy in every way.
- I am grateful that I have a job. Many people do not in this tough economy. While I sometimes complain that I don’t make a lot of money, I am grateful that I do bring home a regular paycheck.
- I am grateful that my husband is an excellent father to my children. While I often complain that he doesn’t meet my needs, emotionally, psychologically, or sexually, he does an incredible job with the children. He is a better father than I could have asked God for.
- I am grateful that I am healthy. While I consider myself over weight (never met a woman who didn’t think this), I am thankful that I am healthy. I have never really been ill. I have had friends that deal with constant pain or a disease, like cancer. I am fortunate that I have always been in perfect health. Thank God.